Glizid 80 mg (Gliclazide)
Uses of Glizid 80 mg (Gliclazide)
Glizid 80 mg is used to lower the blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet, physical exercise and weight reduction alone are not adequate.
How Dose Glizid works
Glizid 80 mg belongs to a blood sugar lowering group of medicines called sulfonylurea. Glizid 80 mg increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, and thereby decreases the blood sugar level.
Common side effects of Glizid 80 mg (Gliclazide)
• Abdominal pain,
• Abnormal blood cell,
• Angioedema (swelling of deeper layers of skin),
• Blisters on skin,
• Skin peeling,
• Decreased blood cell count,
• Decreased sugar level in blood,
• Visual impairment,
Expert advice for Glizid
• Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
• Do not take Glizid 80 mg (Gliclazide), if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
• Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Q: Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
A: Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar.
Q: Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
A: No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas.
Q: Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
A: No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class.
From Where I can Buy Glizid ?
Online Generic Med is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Glizid online and assure maximum benefits.