Nizonide 500 mg (Nitazoxanide)
Buy Nizonide 500 mg (Nitazoxanide), Nitazoxanide is used to treat traveler?s diarrhea or diarrhea caused by parasites (protozoans) such as Giardia lamblia or Cryptosporidium parvum. Nitazoxanide is an antiprotozoal agent that belongs to class of medicine called amebicides. It prevents the growth of infection causing parasitic micro-organism.
What is Nizonide 500 mg?
Nitazoxanide is an antiprotozoal drug which is prescribed for the treatment of diarrhea in adults and children caused by protozoa Giardia lamblia as well as protozoa Cyptosporidium parvum. These conditions are known as traveler?s diarrhea. It is sold as Alinia and Nizonide (made by Lupin) among a host of several other trade names across the world. Nitazoxanide may also be prescribed for other conditions not described here.
Uses of Nizonide 500 mg
Nitazoxanide is used to treat traveler?s diarrhea or diarrhea caused by parasites (protozoans) such as Giardia lamblia or Cryptosporidium parvum.
How Nizonide 500 mg works
Nitazoxanide is an antiprotozoal agent that belongs to class of medicine called amebicides. It inhibits the production of certain chemicals and substances essential for energy metabolism and growth of the parasite.
How are Nizonide 500 mg taken?
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Dissolve it in a glass of water before taking it.
- Nizonide 500 mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
Nizonide 500 mg (Nitazoxanide) Side Effects
- Hair loss
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abdominal pain
What precautions need to take before using Nizonide 500 mg?
- It is recommended that you take Nitazoxanide (Alinia, Nizonide) with food. Before taking this medications, let your doctor know about your medical history or present conditions, especially if you ever had or have any of these: liver disease, kidney disease, HIV infection or problems with your immune system. You may not be able to use Nizonide DT 200 mg normally if you have any of the above mentioned conditions.
- You may require special dosing and medical testing Nitazoxanide is an FDA pregnancy category B drug which means that it is not expected to cause harm to an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. However you must consult your doctor before taking this medication if you are pregnant.
- It is not known whether this medication can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. It is also recommended that you consult a doctor prior to taking this medication if you a breast feeding a baby.
What if I miss a dose?
Missing even a single dose of medications like Nitazoxanide can be harmful. Take your medication as scheduled. However, if you miss to take a dose on time, take it at the moment you remember it. But skip the missed dose if the time to take the next scheduled dose is almost near. Do not take extra doses to compensate for the missed dose.
What if I overdose?
In an event of an overdose of Nitazoxanide, call the Doctor Immediately. Overdose of this medication may cause some of the side effects listed in this guide.
Q: Is nitazoxanide safe during pregnancy?
A: Nitazoxanide can be taken during pregnancy if the benefit outweighs the risk.
Q: Is Nitazoxanide safe?
A: Nitazoxanide is safe if taken at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
Q: Is Nitazoxanide an antibiotic?
A: Nitazoxanide is an antiprotozoal agent that belongs to amebicides class of drugs.
Q: Is nitazoxanide over the counter drug?
A: No, doctor?s prescription is required to purchase nitazoxanide