Prograf 1 mg (Tacrolimus)
What is Prograf 1 mg?
Tacrolimus (Prograf 1 mg) is an immunosuppressive drug that may improve your possibility of catching severe and life-threatening diseases, cancer, or render the transplant useless.
The immune system helps your body to defend against invading organisms, which can cause infections and diseases, thereby blocking common or dangerous conditions. The similar immune system can be a disability during an organ transplant as it will treat the organ to be implanted as a body, and your body will decline it all together from integrating.
How does Prograf 1 mg (Tacrolimus) work?
Prograf 1 mg belongs to a class of drugs called an immunosuppressant. It blocks the body?s immune system from tackling the recently transplanted organ such as liver, heart, or kidney. This also helps in the resolution of skin diseases due to altered immune function.
What Precautions need to take before using Prograf 1 mg Capsule??
• Do not take Tacrolimus 1mg if you are allergic to it or any other content in the drug; or to sirolimus or other macrolide antitoxins.
• Take Tacrolimus 1 mg on an empty stomach or 2-3 hours after a meal.
• Avoid grapefruit and related products while taking Tacrolimus Prograf as grapefruit consumption near with tacrolimus can cause dangerous effects.
• Avoid using prograf 1 mg if you are pregnant or preparing to become pregnant or breastfeeding a child.
• Don?t take Prograf 1 mg if you are allergic to prograf 1 mg, or hydrogenated castor oil, or if you have received cyclosporine in the closing 24 hours.
• Prograf 1 mg lowers plasma cells that initial bodyguard toward infections. It can also affect your body to produce a large quantity of specific white blood cells. All of these can result in severe and sometimes fatal outcomes like cancer, a
• Ask your doctor about all the chances linked with this medication.
How to take Prograf 1 mg Capsules?
• You must take Tacrolimus precisely as directed by your doctor. Don?t change the prescribed dosage in any way except or unless directed by your doctor who may hardly change your dosage.
• Strictly attach to the directed dosage for the excellent results.
• Prograf 1 mg capsule is usually taken every 12 hours or twice each day. Instill a habit of taking medicine at the same point of time each day.
• Always store Tacrolimus Prograf in a cool and dry place. Ensure that children don?t have access to it or any other medicines.
What if I miss a dose of Prograf 1 mg?
Don?t ignore to take the Prograf at the time. If you desire a dose, take it as soon as you memorize it. However, don?t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost near. Never double dose on this medicine.
What if I overdose of Pangraf 1 mg?
In case of an overdose of Tacrolimus, attempt urgent medical help or call the Doctor instantly.
Prograf 1 mg Side Effects:
Tacrolimus 1 mg may lead to some severe side effects like skin hives, breathing difficulty, swelling in different places, body aches, flu symptoms, change in mental state, vision problems and walking problems, yellow colored skin, tan urine, weakness or trouble, shortness of breath, increase heart rate, excessive sweating, tremors, low magnesium, high blood pressure.
Some less serious side effects of Prograf are stomach pain, constipation, nausea, headache, insomnia, or swelling in limbs. All the side effects thus listed are not exhaustive, and there may be other side effects. Contact your doctor for side effects advising.
Q: Is Tacrolimus safe?
A: Yes. Prograf 1 mg is almost safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your Physician.
Q: Is Tacrolimus nephrotoxic or cytotoxic?
A: Prograf 1 mg may destroy certain types of cells and may impair kidney function. Patients should catch the advice of the doctor about its use.
Q: Is Tacrolimus the same as Prograf?
A: Yes. Prograf is a marked form of Tacrolimus available in the market.
Q: Does Prograf Capsules cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression?
A: Tacrolimus may induce diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression. If you feel any such symptoms, please advise your doctor.