Halovate Cream 0.05% 30gm (Halobetasol)
Halovate 0.05 %w/w cream is used to treat inflammation and itching associated with skin conditions like rashes, eczema, dermatitis, insect bites, and other skin allergies.
How it works
Halobetasol belongs to a class of medications called as corticost***ids. It acts by blocking the production of chemicals that cause inflammation in the body thereby relieving swelling and itching.
Common side effects
• Burning sensation
• Tingling sensation
• Skin rash
• Skin redness
Expert advice for Halovate
• You will be regularly monitored for serious side effects while applying halobetasol to large areas or under dressing or bandages.
• Halobetasol is only to be used topically and not be consumed orally or instilled into eyes.
• In case of accidental contact with your eyes, wash your eyes with water and seek medical attention if any irritation persists.
• Contact your doctor if you develop any bacterial or fungal infection at the affected areas.
• Avoid use of halobetasol in children < 12 years of age.
• Allergic contact dermatitis may develop after prolong usage so tell your doctor if irritation persists even after treatment.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Do not use if you are allergic to halobetasol or any of its ingredients.
Q: What is halobetasol cream?
A: Halobetasol is a corticost***id cream used to relieve inflammation and itching associated with skin conditions like rashes, eczema, dermatitis, insect bites, and other skin allergies.
Q: Is it same as clobetasol?
A: Clobetasol and halobetasol are both topical corticost***id used for almost similar conditions of inflammatory skin disorders, however, the response may differ based on individual condition.