Iverjohn 3 mg Description
Iverjohn 3 mg tablet is an anti-worm medicine. It is used for the treatment of worm infection. It contains ivermectin as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of worm infections in your intes
tines. Iverjohn Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken before food. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or you are suffering from any heart, liver or kidney diseases.
Uses of Iverjohn 3 mg
Iverjohn Tablet is used to treat worm infections in your intestines.
Contraindications of Iverjohn 3 mg
If you are allergic to Ivermectin, similar medicines or any of the ingredients of Iverjohn Tablet.
Side effects of Iverjohn 3 mg
- Stomach discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Iverjohn 3 mg
Q: Can I take Iverjohn Tablet during pregnancy?
A: Iverjohn Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety information available in pregnant women. Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant before starting this medicine.
Q: Can I take Iverjohn Tablet while breastfeeding?
A: Components of this medicine pass in breast milk in low amounts. Tell your doctor that you are breastfeeding while he/she prescribes you this medicine.
Q: Can I drive if I have consumed Iverjohn Tablet?
A: Iverjohn Tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, thus it is advised to avoid driving after taking this medicine.
Q: Can I consume alcohol with Iverjohn Tablet?
A: You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it can worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You experience headache, dizziness, vertigo, blurred vision, fits.
- There is no improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- While on treatment your doctor may ask you to perform a routine examination of stool to check if the infection is getting cleared.
Mode of Action of Iverjohn 3 mg
How Does It Work?
Ivermectin works by attaching to the muscle and nerve cells of the parasite and increases the permeability of the outer membrane, thus eventually causing paralysis and death of the parasite.
Directions for Use of Iverjohn 3 mg
- Iverjohn Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It should be taken without food. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Iverjohn 3 mg
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Iverjohn Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Iverjohn Tablet should be with caution used along with blood thinners like warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Iverjohn 3 mg
- Store Iverjohn Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Iverjohn 3 mg
Symptoms of overdose may include headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, weakness, skin rash, swelling, shortness of breath, fits. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.