Emeset Tablet (Ondansetron 8mg)
Emeset Tablet (Ondansetron Uses)
Ondansetron is used for preventing Nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy (in adults or children) or radiotherapy for cancer or after surgery in adults.
How does Ondansetron work?
Emeset Tablet belongs to a class of drugs known as anti-emetics which inhibit serotonin. It works on small intestine and the part of the brain that controls vomiting or nausea.
Ondansetron 8mg is a drug that is used alone or along with other drugs to prevent chemical reactions in the body that cause nausea and vomiting. Vomiting or nausea might be caused due to various reasons like
• Cancer drug treatments or Chemotherapy
• Radiation treatment
It is successful in obstructing food from going the wrong way or back through your food pipe. Hailing from a family of drugs known as anti-emetics, it acts as a dopamine agonist and facilitates your digestion properly by sending your food to its correct destination. Emeset Tablet cures indigestion related problems such as nausea, vomiting, belching, a bloated stomach and compresses wind after eating
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Emeset Tablet if you:
• Are allergic to Ondansetron 8mg or any other ingredient of the drug
• Have severe belly cramps
• Have or have had liver disease
• Bleeding or obstruction in the stomach and intestine
• Are pregnant (use it only when clearly needed). Clearly discuss the risks and benefits of the drug before using it.
• Are breastfeeding, then ask your doctor as it is still unknown that whether this Emeset Tablet passes into the breast milk or not. Is ondansetron safe in pregnancy.
• Are below 15 years of age, it?s not recommended for children
How much to take?
The dosage of the drug varies according to the patient?s condition and the quantity of the drug recommended. It is very important to take the drug as per the doctor recommendation.
How to take ondansetron?
Take Emeset 8 mg exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Emeset Tablet can be taken with or without food.
What happens if I miss a dose / overdose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra Emeset 8 mg medicine to make up the missed dose. You may need urgent medical attention as you may experience problems with the rhythm of your heart. Your heartbeat may be faster or slower than usual. Even if you do not feel any signs symptoms of poisoning due to overdose go to the nearest hospital or call your doctor immediately.
Ondansetron side effects?
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking Ondansetron 8mg (Emeset Tablet). Tell the doctor immediately if you notice any of the following side effects and they worry you:
• Shortness of breath
• Light headedness and dizziness
• Diarrhea or constipation
• Mouth ulcers or cold sores
• Swelling of the hands, ankles and feet
• Temporary loss of vision
• Lumps anywhere in the body
• Frequent infection
• Unusual pain or pressure around your pelvic area, in your bones or anywhere in your body
• Fever, severe chills, sore throat or mouth ulcers
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Do not take the drug:
• If you are allergic to it or to any content in the Emeset Tablet.
• If you have a blockage in your gut or suffer from severe constipation.
• If you are going to undergo surgery of the adenoids or tonsils.
• If you have any heart or liver problems.
• If you are taking Emeset 8 mg, used for Parkinson?s disease.
• If you have abnormal levels of salts such as sodium, magnesium and potassium in your blood.
Q: Is ondansetron 8mg safe in pregnancy? Does it cause birth defects?
A: Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q: Can I take ondansetron during lactation?
A: Emeset Tablet (Ondansetron) should not be taken during lactation as it may affect the baby. Please consult your doctor before use.
Q: What is Emset 8 mg/ondem/Vomikind/Zafran/ Ranidom used for?
A: Emset 8 mg/Ondem/Vomikind/Zafran are some of the brand names of ondansetron, which is used to treat nausea and vomiting. Ranidom is a brand containing the active ingredient Esomeprazole, which is used to treat acidity.
Q: Can I take Emeset Tablet for nausea/vomiting/stomach flu/food poisoning/motion sickness/diarrhea/pain?
A: Emeset 8 mg can be taken for nausea, vomiting or motion sickness if prescribed by your doctor. It is not used to treat food poisoning, pain or stomach flu.