Oxitan 100 mg Infusion (Oxaliplatin)
Buy Oxitan 100mg/25ml (Oxaliplatin), Oxitan 100 mg is used in combination with other anticancer drugs to treat advanced cancer (not cured by other drugs) of colon, rectum or as additional treatment following surgery to remove tumor in colon.
Oxitan 100 mg is used in combination with other anticancer drugs to treat advanced cancer (not cured by other drugs) of colon, rectum or as additional treatment following surgery to remove tumor in colon.
How it works
Oxaliplatin belongs to a class of medications called platinum containing anti-neoplastic drugs. It works by interfering with DNA structure and function thus killing cancer cells and slowing tumor growth.
Common side effects
• Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
• Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
• Low blood platelets
• Increased liver enzymes
• Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
• Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
• Do not start oxaliplatin if your blood counts are too low or have weakness, numbness, disturbances of feeling or taste after taking Oxitan 100 mg treatment, if you are taking 5-fluorouracil.
• Take precautions as oxaliplatin may reduce the ability of your body fight infections.
• Avoid situations that may put you at risk of bleeding as Oxitan 100 mg can reduce clot forming cells in your body.
• Take necessary precaution as Oxitan 100 mg can make you more sensitive to cold, which can cause numbness, tingling, and muscle spasms.
• Do not drive or operate machinery as oxaliplatin can cause nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and other neurologic symptoms.
Q: Is oxaliplatin safe in pregnancy?
A: Oxaliplatin may harm the fetus. Oxitan 100 mg should not be given during pregnancy. Please follow your doctor?s advice regarding its use.
Q: Is it safe to use oxaliplatin during breastfeeding?
A: Oxaliplatin should not be given during breast-feeding. Please follow your doctor?s advice regarding its use.
Q: Is Oxitan 100 mg a vesicant, chemo drug, alkylating agent?
A: Oxaliplatin is a vesicant, chemotherapeutic drug. Oxaliplatin is not an alkylating agent it is a platinum containing antineoplastic agent.
Q: Is oxaliplatin highly emetogenic, ototoxic (hearing loss), cause hair loss, infertility, diarrhea, neuropathy, cold sensitivity?
A: Oxitan 100 mg is highly emetogenic, can cause hair loss, temporary infertility, diarrhea, neuropathy, cold sensitivity. Oxitan 100 mg is not ototoxic.
Q: How is oxaliplatin administered?
A: Oxitan 100 mg is administered as intravenous infusion or bolus injection.
There are no reviews yet.