Peglec Powder is a blend of osmotic laxatives and electrolytes indicated for gastrointestinal lavage. It is also used for cleansing of the colon in barium enema X-ray examination and preparation for colonoscopy in adults. Polyethylene glycol, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, and anhydrous sodium sulphate are the key ingredients in Peglec Powder.
- Peglec powder is a combination of an osmotic laxative and electrolytes.
- It is used for cleansing the colon.
- Cleansing the colon is the key to getting an accurate colonoscopy and barium enema X-ray examination.
Directions for Use
Take a clean 2-litre container and empty the entire pack of Peglec powder into it. Pour a litre of water into the container, stir well to dissolve Peglec solution completely. Then, pour another litre of water into the container and mix well. Drink a glassful (200 ml) every 10 – 15 min, so as to consume 1-litre solution in 1-hour duration.
- Abdominal fullness
- Abdominal cramps
- Anal irritation
- If you are taking any other medications, including herbal or nutritional supplements, you should notify your doctor to avoid any interactions because certain medicines might raise the risk of dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.
- People with electrolyte abnormalities, arrhythmias, seizures, renal impairment, GI obstruction or perforation and other pre-existing medical conditions should seek medical advice.
- If you experience any unusual symptoms whilst using this medication, please discontinue the use and consult your doctor immediately.
- Inform your doctor in advance if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Limit or avoid alcohol intake while using this medicine to minimize interactions and occurrence of side effects.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
- Store in a cool, dry place, protected from moisture, heat, and direct sunlight.