RibaHep 200 mg (Ribavirin 200 mg)
Buy RibaHep 200 mg (Ribavirin), RibaHep is used in combination with other medications such as interferons for treatment of long term Hepatitis C viral infection that damages the liver. Ribavirin 200 mg is an antiviral that belongs to a class of medications called nucleoside analogues.
How it works
Ribavirin 200 mg is an antiviral that belongs to a class of medications called nucleoside analogues. It inhibits an enzyme RNA polymerase which is essential for viral replication and thus decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body thereby resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function.
Common side effects Ribavirin 200 mg
• Muscle pain
• This drug should be used only in combination with pegylated alfa interferon.
• Take precautions as Ribavirin 200 mg may cause low red cell count (anaemia) that can worsen any heart problems you have and can cause you to have a heart attack that can be life-threatening.
• Do not drive or operate machinery as RibaHep may make you drowsy, dizzy, or confused.
• Do consult your doctor if you have liver problems other than HCV (e.g. cirrhosis or have had a liver transplant), HIV infection, kidney problems or depression.
• Take necessary precautions as RibaHep does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through s**ual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
• Drink extra fluids to stay hydrated during treatment with RibaHep.
Ribavirin 200 mg
Q: Is RibaHep safe in pregnancy?
A: Ribavirin 200 mg should not be used in pregnancy or by those who plan to become pregnant as it is highly unsafe for the growing baby.
Q: Is it safe to take RibaHep during breastfeeding?
A: RibaHep is not safe for the baby and should not be used by women who are breastfeeding.
Q: How does Ribavirin 200 mg work?
A: RibaHep belongs to a class of antiviral medications called nucleoside analogues. It decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body by blocking its growth, resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function.
Q: What are the severe side effects of RibaHep?
A: Ribavirin 200 mg may cause anemia that can worsen any heart problems and can cause a heart attack that can be life-threatening. Call your doctor immediately in case you experience excessive tiredness, pale skin, headache, dizziness, confusion, fast heartbeat, weakness, shortness of breath, or chest pain.