Clindamycin Topical(1% W/W)
Clindamycin Topical is used in the treatment of acne (pimples).
How it works
Faceclin Gel belongs to a class of medications called as lincomycin antibiotics. It inhibits the synthesis of essential bacterial proteins thereby stopping bacterial growth. In case of acne, in addition to killing of bacteria, clindamycin (Faceclin Gel) prevents spread of infection by reducing the free fatty acids on the skin surface that clog the pores of skin and promote overgrowth of bacteria.
Common side effects
• Burning sensation,
• Application site irritation,
• Dry skin,
• Application site redness of skin
Nicotinamide (Faceclin Gel) is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies.
How it works
Faceclin Gel is an amide form of nicotinic acid. Clindamycin, Nicotinamide is a component of two coenzymes, which help in tissue respiration and metabolism of lipids, amino acids, proteins, and purines. Faceclin Gel lowers blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels by inhibiting the synthesis of very low density lipoproteins.
Common side effects
• Abnormal liver function tests
• Allergic sensitization
• Blurred vision
• Gastrointestinal discomfort
• Liver toxicity
• Increased glucose level in blood
Expert Advice for Facecilin
• Discontinue use of topical Faceclin Gel and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
• Avoid vaginal intercourse or use of other intravaginal products such as tampons or douches while using clindamycin cream.
• Faceclin Gel contains mineral oil that may weaken latex products (condoms and diaphragms) and may not provide adequate birth control. Therefore, do not use these products within 72 hours of using oral clindamycin for acne.
• Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
• Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Do not use if you are allergic to oral clindamycin for acne, lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
• Do not use if you have Crohn?s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation)
Q: Can I use Faceclin Gel with a penicillin allergy?
A: Faceclin Gel is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q: Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
A: Clindamycin (Faceclin Gel) can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q: Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
A: Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.
Q: Is nicotinamide safe?
A: Nicotinamide is safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q: Does nicotinamide contain nicotine?
A: No. Nicotinamide in no way contain nicotine. Nicotinamide is amide form of nicotinic acid and used to treat skin diseases like acne and pellagra
Q: Is nicotinamide good for acne?
A: Yes. Nicotinamide when taken along with zinc and folic acid is a good treatment of acne
Q: Is nicotinamide the same as niacin?
A: No. Nicotinamide is an amide form of nicotinic acid
Q: Is nicotinamide available over the counter?
A: Yes. Nicotinamide is available over the counter. However, please consult your doctor regarding its use
Q: Does nicotinamide cause flushing?
A: In case of overdose, nicotinamide may cause flushing or rash. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration.