Amantrel 100 mg (Amantadine)
Buy Amantrel 100mg (Amantadine), Amantadine is used to prevent and treat respiratory infection caused by influenza A virus. It is also used in treating abnormalities of movements such as uncontrolled shaking, slow movements, muscle stiffness associated with Parkinson?s disease or drug induced and in the treatment of severe and painful shingles (painful rashes usually in the form of a strip of blisters caused by herpes zoster.
Amantadine is used to prevent and treat respiratory infection caused by influenza A virus. It is also used in treating abnormalities of movements such as uncontrolled shaking, slow movements, muscle stiffness associated with Parkinson?s disease or drug induced and in the treatment of severe and painful shingles (painful rashes usually in the form of a strip of blisters caused by herpes zoster virus).
How it works
Amantadine belongs to the family of medications called antivirals. It works as an antiviral drug by blocking the reproduction of virus (viral replication) in the body. It also blocks activity of proteins called ?NMDA glutamate receptors? in the brain, thereby inhibiting the generation of abnormal movements of Parkinson?s disease.
What is Amantadine HCl?
Amantadine HCl is an antiviral drug that inhibits the actions of viruses in the body. It is used primarily in the treatment and prevention of Influenza A which is a viral infection. However, Amantadine HCl is not recommended in some flu seasons as some flu strains may be resistant to this drug. This medicine is also prescribed in the treatment of Parkinson?s disease and ?Parkinson like? symptoms like stiffness and shaking that may be induced by use of certain drugs.
Amantadine HCl is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Symmetrel and Amantrel (made by Cipla). This medicine may also be prescribed for conditions not listed here.
Important Information about Amantadine HCl
Do not take FluMist nasal influenza live vaccine while you are taking Amantadine HCl antiviral drug (Symmetrel, Amantrel) and for at least 48 hours after you stop taking it. The reason for this is that the nasal vaccine may be not as effective if you take it while taking Amantadine HCl. You must also inform your doctor if you have taken a nasal flu vaccine in the last 14 days.
Inform your doctor in advance if you have any of these conditions: epilepsy or other seizure disorder, congestive heart failure, kidney or liver disease, low blood pressure, eczema, glaucoma, or a history of mental illness, suicide attempt, or drug or alcohol addiction.
Amantadine HCl can impact your thinking, vision, or reflexes. So take extra care while doing activities like driving or other that require a high level of vision and mental alertness. You may also have increased s**ual urges, unusual cravings to gamble, or other such cravings while taking this medicine. Discuss this with your doctor. Always follow your doctor?s directions and take the medicine for the full prescribed period even if your symptoms subside.
How should I take Amantadine HCl?
Take Amantadine HCl medicine strictly according to your doctor?s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Take Amantadine HCl capsule with a full glass of water. If you are taking this medicine for Influenza A, start taking it 24 to 48 hours after flu symptoms begin. Follow your doctor?s directions carefully. Store Amantadine HCl in a cool and dry place.
What are the doses instructions?
If you miss a dose of Amantadine HCl, take it as soon as you remember. Don?t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
In case of an overdose of Amantadine HCl, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately. Overdose may lead to fever, anxiety, severe headache, confusion, hallucinations, agitation, aggression, personality changes, tremors, loss of coordination, irregular heart-beating, decreased or no urination, breathing trouble, seizure, or fainting.
Amantadine HCl Side Effects
- Some common side effects of Amantadine HCl are blurred vision, nausea, stomach upset, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, dry mouth, constipation, nervousness, or trouble sleeping. If any of these side effects persist or deteriorate, get medical help right away.
- Amantadine HCl can some rare but serious side effects such as purplish-red blotchy spots on the skin, swelling of the ankles and feet, difficulty in urinating, vision changes, shortness of breath, mood and behavior changes (depression, suicidal thoughts or attempt, compulsive behavior like gambling urges), muscle stiffness, uncontrolled muscle movements, unusual sweating, or seizures.
- The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Amantadine HCl. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
- Do not take amantadine, if you have fits (epilepsy); heart failure resulting in fluid build-up in the lungs, other body tissues or both (congestive heart failure); kidney or liver problems.
- Avoid using amantadine, if you have ulcers in stomach or intestine; low blood pressure that may cause fainting; itchy skin rashes (eczema).
- Do not take amantadine, if you have visual problems due to increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma); history of mental problems including attempting suicide, confusion, seeing or hearing things that are not really there (hallucinations)
- Avoid using amantadine, if you are addicted to any drug or alcohol.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on treatment with amantadine.
- Do not stop taking amantadine abruptly without consulting your doctor. It may cause worsening of Parkinson?s disease.
- Do not stop taking amantadine abruptly without consulting your doctor if you are concurrently receiving medications for psychiatric problems (neuroleptics).
Frequently asked questions
Q: Is amantadine an MAOI or an anticholinergic or an antibiotic or na***tic or stimulant or a dopamine agonist?
A: Amantadine is not a MAOI or an anticholinergic or an antibiotic or na***tic or stimulant. It is an antiviral drug.
Q: Is amantadine available over the counter (OTC)?
No, it is not available as OTC drug, consult your doctor before taking amantadine.
Q: Is amantadine a stimulant?
A: No, amantadine is not a stimulant.
Q: Can I take ibuprofen (Advil) with amantadine?
A: Ibuprofen (Advil) and amantadine should not to be taken together as they interact with each other. Please consult your doctor before taking other medicines along with amantadine.
Q: Can I take dextromethorphan (Dayquil) with amantadine?
A: No results found for any interaction of dextromethorphan (Dayquil) with amantadine, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication.
Q: Does amantadine help fatigue?
A: Amantadine is sometimes effective in relieving fatigue in multiple sclerosis (a demyelinating disease marked by patches of hardened tissue in the brain or the spinal cord and associated especially with partial or complete paralysis and jerking muscle tremor).
Q: From Where I can Buy Amantrel 100 mg?
A: Online Generic Med is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Amantrel 100 mg online and assure maximum benefits.
We provide only general information about medications which does not cover all directions, possible drug integrations, or precautions. Information at the site cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with your health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
There are no reviews yet.