Efavir 600 mg (Efavirenz)
Efavir 600 mg (Efavirenz), Efavirenz is used in combination with other medications for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Efavirenz belongs to a class of antiretroviral medications called non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). It inhibits the replication of HIV, thereby reducing the amount of the virus in the blood.
Efavirenz 600 mg is used in combination with other medications for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
How it works
Efavirenz 600 mg belongs to a class of antiretroviral medications called non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). It inhibits the replication of HIV, thereby reducing the amount of the virus in the blood.
What is Efavirenz?
Efavirenz 600 mg is an antiviral drug that prevents the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV from multiplying in your body. This medication is prescribed for the treatment of HIV which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. Efavirenz is sold under various trade names, one of the popular name is Efavir (made by Cipla). This medicine may also be prescribed for treatments not mentioned here.
Important Information about Efavirenz
• Efavirenz 600 mg(Efavir) will not cure your body of HIV. You can still spread the virus to other people through infected blood (via needles, razors, toothbrush) or through unsafe s**ual practices (ensure proper barrier contraception). You must take care about these things and employ proper measure so as not to spread the virus.
• Efavirenz 600 mg can lead to severe psychiatric problems such as severe depression, confusion, suicidal thoughts, aggression, extreme fear, hallucinations, or unusual behavior. Inform you doctor right away if you get any of these side effects while taking Efavirenz, even if you have had them before.
• You must not take Efavirenz with cisapride, pimozide, midazolam, triazolam, or ergot medicines like dihydroergotamine, egonovine, ergotamine, or methyergonovine. These drugs can interact with Efavirenz causing dangerous side effects. There may be other medicines that can interact with Efavirenz. Inform your doctor about all other medicines which you may be using.
• Efavirenz 600 mg is an FDA pregnancy category D drug. It is not recommended for use if you are a pregnant woman as it can harm an unborn baby. You must use a proper barrier contraceptive method while taking Efavirenz and for at least 12 weeks following the end of you treatment. Notify your doctor immediately if you become pregnant during treatment. HIV can be passed to the baby if the mother is not treated properly during pregnancy. Remember to take all medications for HIV as prescribed to prevent your baby from contracting the HIV virus.
Before taking Efavirenz
Before taking Efavirenz, take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug. Also, to ensure that this medicine is safe for you, inform your doctor in advance if you have these conditions: liver disease including hepatitis B or C, high cholesterol or triglycerides, or if you have taken delavirdine or nevirapine previously and they were ineffective in treating your condition.
How should I take Efavirenz?
• Take Efavirenz 600 mg HIV medication (Efavir) strictly according to your doctor?s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
• Take Efavirenz on an empty stomach at bedtime, or as directed by your doctor. HIV is usually treated with a combination of drugs. Always take the prescribed drugs as directed by your doctor. Store this medication in a cool and dry place.
• Efavirenz can cause a false positive drug screening test. Inform the laboratory staff where you have your drug test done that you are taking this medicine. Always store Efavirenz in a cool and dry place.
If you miss a dose of Efavirenz, take it as soon as you remember. Don?t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
In case of an overdose of Efavirenz, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately. Overdose can lead to confusion, lack of balance or coordination, severe mood or behavior changes, or suicidal thoughts.
Things and Activities to avoid while taking Efavirenz
Efavirenz 600 mg will not help your body get rid of HIV. It will stop the growth and multiplication of the virus. Chances of spreading the HIV will still remain the same through unprotected s**, infected razors or toothbrush. Hence, avoid these activities and things. This medication may make you dizzy and impact your thinking and reflexes. Be careful while doing activities like driving and others which require a high level of mental awareness. You must also avoid alcohol and street drugs while taking Efavirenz. They may also worsen the side effects due to this medication.
Efavirenz Side Effects
• Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
• Allergic reaction
• Abnormal dreams
• Increased liver enzymes
Efavirenz Dosing Information
Efavirenz dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, s**, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor?s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
You must not take Efavirenz Tablets 600 mg with cisapride, pimozide, midazolam, triazolam, or ergot medicines like dihydroergotamine, egonovine, ergotamine, or methyergonovine. These drugs can interact with Efavirenz causing dangerous side effects. There may be other medicines that can interact with Efavirenz. Inform your doctor about all other medicines which you may be using.
• Inform your doctor if you have a history of mental illness or convulsions (fits or seizures).
• Ensure that efavirenz is always taken in combination with other anti-HIV medicines and never alone.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of dizziness, difficulty sleeping, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating or abnormal dreaming or any signs of skin rash or inflammation or infection.
• Take the required precautions to prevent transmission as efavirenz does not prevent the spread of HIV virus to others through blood or s**ual contact.
• Do not drive if you have taken efavirenz as it may cause dizziness.
• Do take if allergic to efavirenz or any of its ingredients.
• Do not take if sufering with severe liver disease.
• Avoid if patient is Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Q: Is efavirenz safe during pregnancy?
A: Efavirenz should not be used in pregnancy or by those who plan to become pregnant as it is highly unsafe for the growing baby.
Q: Is it safe to use efavirenz during breastfeeding?
A: Efavirenz is not safe for the baby and should not be used by women who are breastfeeding.
From Where I can Buy Efavir 600 mg?
Online Generic Med is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Efavir 600 mg online and assure maximum benefits.